The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
How We Use Personal Data
The TeamWorks uses the data we collect during your browsing and purchasing to provide a functional, enjoyable experience using our website and making contact with or purchasing from us.
When we process personal data about you, we will only ever do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide you with the services you purchase, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of The TeamWorks.
Processing your data:
- Service Improvement. We use data from your browsing of our website to continually improve the quality of our website, and the quality of your experience on our website.
- Order Fulfillment. We use the data you provide us with when ordering to verify your details.
Keeping your data:
- Initially collecting your data: When you provide us with consent to collect your data, depending on the type of data you submit, it is only kept for a certain amount of time automatically:
- BROWSING DATA: When you allow us to collect your browsing data (only in regards to our website – we cannot and will never collect data on your usage of any website other than our own), it is stored within “Google Analytics” – a system provided by Google to allow us to better understand how people use our website and what we can do to improve our website. The Data Retention Period for this browsing data is 26 months, at which point it is automatically delete. Should you visit our website again within the retention period, the retention period is reset to current time and the 26 month retention period begins again. You can opt out of this at any point via your Cookie Settings on our website. We will ask you to refresh this consent every 30 days, and we cannot identify you as an individual from this data – the IP address is anonymized automatically.
- MARKETING DATA: We operate on a double opt-in basis for marketing. You can enter your e-mail into our marketing subscription, and you will then have to opt-in via a confirmation e-mail you will receive. You can then unsubscribe at any time, at which point your data will be deleted.
- ORDER DATA: When you make a purchase frrom us, we have to collect various pieces of data about you in order to process your order. This data is never shared externally, and is only used for the fulfillment of your order and any subsequent requests from you in regards to that order. We do not keep your data indefinitely, ever. Depending on the scenario, your data will be automatically deleted after a set period of time as below:
|Data Deletion Criteria|
|Scenario||Description||Retention / Timescale|
|INACTIVE ACCOUNT||Your account will be deleted if you do not log in to it.||3 YEARS.|
|PENDING ORDER||You start but do not complete an order (thus order becomes pending)||3 MONTHS.|
|FAILED ORDER||Your order fails (payment is refused / rejected)||3 MONTHS.|
|CANCELLED ORDER||Your order is cancelled (either by yourself or by SpaceInvapers)||3 MONTHS.|
|COMPLETED ORDER||You order successfully.||3 YEARS.|
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
v.1.0 August 2016 THE TEAMWORKS